12.1.14

Throwback [1st Glasto]

 Glastonbury Scans [2007]



Just a few hazy scans. It's funny which things you remember as you grow up; which muddy fields, which rainbow hat, which scrawled campaign posters cable-tied to the edge of what feels like the world - and perhaps it is for one magical week.

First-time Glastonbury goer aged 12 and as proud as punch, clad in wellies and hand-me-down rain jacket. I remember this buzz and energy that I had never seen before, the constant hum of distant stages, market traders and excited people. Watching Corinne Bailey Rae in a fold up chair as my little brother fell asleep. Writing postcards to my friends and feeling like you really were in some place far away from home. Crying when we had to go because I couldn't bear the thought of leaving. I felt like Alice and I had found my wonderland. 

In time you look back at hasty pictures captured on a wind-up contraption, filed away in garish photo albums and you realise that these are the things that have become precious. These are the memories that are better than anything money can ever buy.




4 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely. x

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annie,
    I LOVE reminiscing about fun times at Glasto - why can't it be a place that exists all year around?!
    I've just seen you follow my old blog on bloglovin, where the posts don't update anymore. If you still want to follow me please pop over to my new blog www.jessicabrown.me and follow www.bloglovin.com/blog/11656989/jessica-brown Thanks so much if you do. Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiment exactly! One long weekend per year of glasto fun is just not enough! Will check your new blog also :) XO

      Delete

Please, do tell, spill the beans, tell me what you think, release your thoughts...